TouchPoints are a one of a kind, non-invasive way to help us train our brain to mitigate stressful situations. It uses patent-pending BLAST (Bi-Lateral Alternating Stimulation Tactile) technology to deliver gentle, haptic micro vibration patterns to stimulate Neuronal Pathways. This shifts the user out of the sympathetic nervous system and into the parasympathetic mode, which enables calm nervous system functioning. Over the past decade, Co-Founder of The TouchPoint Solution, neuropsychologist Dr. Amy Serin studied neuro-therapy specifically with QEEG, trying to find a solution for PTSD.
As a result of her research, we got TouchPoints, a well packaged well designed, ready to use out of the box device. All you have to do is download the TouchPoint app (available on iOS and Android), pair the device and start the process. One thing that we found a bit confusing (yet well thought) were the clips versus the wrist straps. We didn’t know which to use at first, but after the first use you get yourself acquainted and you’ll be able to use the TouchPoints in different situations. While working or running you can have it on the wrist strap, and when giving a presentation or when with kids you can have it clipped onto your pockets or belt loops. The difference in both mounts has no effect on the stimulation itself.
After you launch the application, a good questionnaire was put in place for baseline and mental profile creation. It is composed of simple questions that collect and give information related to general stress and ways to cope with this stress identified by six profile types (scattered, overwhelmed, wired, hot, veiled and craver). After the questionnaire, users are encouraged to take a quick challenge by thinking about a stressful situation and how that affects your body (i.e. stomach butterflies and tightness in the chest). After rating your stress on a scale of 1 to 10 before using TouchPoints, you then put them on for 15 minutes and watch your stress melt away! Kind of like a training zapper that obliges your brain to shift its attention.
“Challenge Mastered! I went from a 10 to a 6 in 30 seconds. Join the revolution! thetouchpointsolution.com #TouchPointsChallenge #TouchPointsRevolution”
Within the application, you can select what you want to train for. You can choose from six different pre-settings: Calm, Focus, Sleep, Anger, Performance and Craving. Each setting has its own parameters for frequency, intensity, and overlap of vibrations and from the names used you can know what each setting is for. You can also check out the QuickStart guide or the YouTube videos: https://youtu.be/o5jO0ssMcwo
After few days of training, you will discover where and how to best use your TouchPoints. Personally, I identified stressful situations in a context where I have to avoid fear — like stage fear or before an exam. I face this type of stress when I have a public talk or a conference to give, and I felt TouchPoints helped me eliminate the stress in my brain. Other areas they cover include General Stress, ADHD, Autism, Sleeplessness, and PTSD. I didn’t have the time to try them all yet, but I did try it on my kid, and to be honest, I was impressed to watch him change from an agitated situation to calm in minutes. This could be due to the use of a new tool or the tickling sensation he gets from the device.
So, I decided to do the exercise on a daily basis with him and put the TouchPoints on every day when he gets home from daycare. After the second day he started asking for them, but still, I wasn’t convinced about the effect it was creating and how it was actually working. I had to do some extra testing and I decided to hook myself up with the NeuroServo hat, a device that shows the Focus and Perturbation levels using a light pattern on the hat itself. You can read more about Neuroservo via our Medium Article, but generally, it is Red light for Focus and Blue light for perturbation.
During the first test with EEG Neuroservo, the Focus function made the light go red in a matter of minutes. The most important aspect here is not to bring the light to Red using the TouchPoints, it is more of adapting your brain to shifting attention. Several exercises exist in research to help you do so, and for me now TouchPoints is one easy solution but I can not confirm it yet. We need additional user research to be conducted with proper protocols to determine whether it’s the vibration effect that is making your brain shift its attention or it is really Neural Pathways that are being shifted and modulated.
If you wish to purchase a set of TouchPoints you can visit their online store at https://thetouchpointsolution.com/pages/shop-touchpoints
None of the links is an affiliate link, and all the information provided in this article is for general information and review purposes only and is the expressed opinion of myself, Ferdinand Ephrem and not the Publication. This includes (but is not limited to) my membership organizations and the product manufacturers.
12 News Long Island - The Download: TouchPoints
The TouchPoints are twin vibrating devices that are worn on each wrist and use "Bi-Lateral Alternating Stimulation Tactile" technology to reduce stress. Click here to view this innovative technology on The Download for 12News Long Island TV.
Entrepreneur.com - How to Avoid Burnout with Ben Angel
How to Avoid Burnout
If you're suffering from burnout, this will be one of the most important videos you watch this year. You'll discover;
1. That you cannot pay a high psychological cost, without paying a high biological price that could be creating nutritional deficiencies that could exacerbate the burnout.
2. What is firing off your fight/flight mechanism that could be the root cause of the burnout occurring & how to stop it in its tracks using pattern interrupts leveraging music and the latest wearable technology.
3. How to reduce symptoms of burnout by speaking to a functional doctor who can help you get back on the right track.
Plus, much, much more.
Watch now and join the conversation.
And, to help participate in my brand new book called; The Identity Gap - a 90 Day Mission to Become Unstoppable, visithttps://www.theidentitygap.co/ to take a 60-second survey to let me know what you're challenged with right now. This info helps to shape the contents.
Over 2500 have already done so to date - visit now before it's too late!
* How to Find Your Life Purpose: https://youtu.be/VNABopbx5zQ
* How to Reach Your Goals: https://youtu.be/tmqIOfU6QLo
* Who am I?: https://youtu.be/gD4VFShRq2I
* When You Feel Like Giving Up: https://youtu.be/naN2tLa-Ebg
Entrepreneur.com - Unusual Biohacking Tips That Will Help You Stay Focused and Be More Productive
Are you struggling to stay focused, and the same old productivity tips aren't working anymore? Well, in this video, Entrepreneur Network partner Ben Angel wants to help you discover the latest techniques and products you can use to develop a laser-like focus. Then, you can get more done in less time, thanks to tools that many productivity gurus completely ignore. These unorthodox approaches will give you the edge you need to improve energy and clarity and fine-tune your ability to get into the zone with ease.
Click play to learn more.
KUTV Tech Report - Tech Report: Stress relief with TouchPoints
(KUTV) — We were joined in studio by Jeff Lind, a partner with Codeword, who told us all about Touchpoint, a product developed by neuroscientists that can relieve stress.
3TV Good Morning Arizona - Dr. Amy Serin and TouchPoints™ on Good Morning Arizona (3TV): Men & Stress
Phoenix Business Journal - Flinn Foundation selects six Arizona bioscience firms for entrepreneurship program
Click to read more on the six bioscience firms selected for the Flinn Foundation Entrepreneurship Program.
Tech Times - Stressed Out? TouchPoints Wearable Device Helps Relieve Stress In Less Than 30 Seconds
More than 44 percent of men and women in the United States are stressed from leading busy lives. Some of the most common factors of stress, include helping out ill family members, financial responsibilities, working long hours, and chronic health conditions.
Stressed Out? TouchPoints Wearable Device Helps Relieve Stress
TouchPoint Solution's, a startup based in Scottsdale, Arizona, has developed a wearable device aimed at helping men and women combat everyday anxiety and stress.
Previous studies have shown that women can cope with stress better, while some men struggle to acknowledge their anxiety. However, the wearable device has made an impact on men who don't normally know how to handle stress from the workplace.
Called TouchPoints, the wearable device uses very light micro-haptic vibrations with different intensity levels to help reduce stress, increase concentration, focus, all while improving the quality of sleep with BLAST technology. By wearing the two devices, users can reduce stress by more than 70 percent in less than 30 seconds.
The device can be worn for longer periods of time throughout the day, as well as 15 minutes at night before bed to get more sleep.
Getting Started With TouchPoints
To get started with TouchPoints, simply download the TouchPoints mobile app from the App Store and Google Playon a smartphone or tablet.
The TouchPoints wearable device then needs to be worn on each side of the body. For example, users should wear the TouchPoints watchband on their wrists or ankles. Users can also choose to clip TouchPoints device to clothing items, such as bra straps, belts, pants, pockets, or even socks. Once the TouchPoint devices are turned on users will see a blinking green light.
Price Of TouchPoints for $160, TouchPoints Basic comes with BLAST Technology, rechargeable batteries, 3 different speeds, including slow (sleep), medium (calm), and fast (anger). TouchPoints Basics also comes in Graphite Gray.
For $240, TouchPoints Original comes with BLAST Technology, rechargeable batteries, six pre-settings, including calm, focus, sleep, performance, anger, and cravings. TouchPoints Original also gives users the ability to customize and save their settings.
The battery life for TouchPoints Basic and Original lasts anywhere from 7 to 8 hours. Unlike most wearable devices, the devices take 2 to 3 hours to recharge. They also need to be recharged once a week regardless of how often users wear the device.
Besides the price point, the main difference between the wearable devices is the TouchPoints Original is controlled by an app which needs to be downloaded, while the TouchPoints Basic wearable device isn't.
In addition, not only does the BLAST technology in TouchPoints help manage everyday stress, but users have found significant results in those who have ADHD, Autism, PTSD, and difficulty sleeping at night.
Entrepreneur on Fire - 1957: Startups, Failure is NOT an option with Vicki Mayo
Vicki is a serial entrepreneur who has successfully grown and sold numerous companies and is currently CEO of The TouchPoint Solution. Her productivity hacks have been featured in Forbes and Inc.Resources Mentioned:
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30-Day Trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Shopify Blog – Vicki’s small business resource
- The Alchemist – Vicki’s Top Business Book
- The TouchPoint Solution – Vicki’s website
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Pick the single-most important task and complete that first.
- Working IN your business makes you forget to work ON your business.
- Always listen to your customers.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
(click the link in the title above to access the EOF episode.)
- [01:01] – Vicki is the daughter of immigrant parents who came to America 30 years ago
- [01:14] – She became a serial entrepreneur, starting her own business at just 14 years of age
- [01:20] – She adopted 2 boys who had been abandoned right after college
- 01:44 – The TouchPoint Solution is a wearable device to take stress away
- [02:27] – Vicki’s area of expertise is in productivity
- [02:46] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Productivity doesn’t mean making a list — put one thing down to get it done
- [03:24] – What’s your WIG (Wildly Important Goal) for the week?
- [03:30] – Make a giant list on a weekly basis and select which thing on that list will take you to the next step
- 04:28 – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The TouchPoint Solution is a startup company that had just been going for 13 months. Twenty days into the market, they killed it by going viral and doing $250K in sales. She had herself, her business partner, and 2 employees in place. They were just barely able to keep up with the growth during those 20 days, both then their employees both quit
- [08:26] – Vicki and her partner have changed their hiring practices after what happened
- [09:00] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Vicki’s ah-ha moment was realizing that stress wasn’t just stress. It affects anger, cravings, your ability to focus, and your attention span. TouchPoint’s technology can help the states that deprive you from being stressed. Vicki took the time to get their customers’ feedback and found out parents wanted a simpler version for their children — which they later released
- [10:54] – “Focus on your customer”
- [11:45] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I am so excited about artificial intelligence”
- [13:11] – A bias in making AIs is what scares Vicki
[17:27] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The difference between extraordinary and ordinary is just a little extra”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I use my TouchPoints every day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Shopify Blog
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Alchemist – “that’s the book that changed my life”
- [20:47] – “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give”
- 20:58 – Check out Vicki’s website at ILoveTouchpoints.com and use code EOF to get $50 OFF!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!
*This podcast first appeared in Entrepreneur on Fire on March 1, 2018, by John Lee Dumas (JLD). To listen to the entire podcast, click here.
KHQA - Wearable Devices Invented to Reduce Stress, Anxiety and Panic
Many people have to overcome anxiety, stress and even panic attacks on occasion to get through their days and weeks.
Some of those people are turning to a new alternative to medication.
It's called The TouchPoint Solution.
People wear these small, vibrating devices on watches or on each side of their body for relief. According to Neuropsychologist Dr. Amy Serin, the vibrations reduce stress, increase focus, and improve sleep.
Patients also have used them to deal with PTSD, ADHD, Autism and Parkinson's Disease.
"When you feel stress, your body's fight or flight mechanism engages, which does things like make your stomach hurt or your chest get tight or you have tension in your shoulders," CEO and co-founder Vicki Mayo said. "When the TouchPoints turn on, they actually don't allow that fight or flight mechanism to engage."
You can control the vibrating devices through an app.
Users also can customize them with six presettings for calm, focus, sleep, performance, anger, and cravings.